Isn’t it terrible to deal with neck pain? Indeed neck pain is one of the common issues. It might happen due to a wrong sleeping posture or working for long hours on a laptop without taking any rest. Neck pains give you a hard time and your neck hurts badly when you move your head from one side to another.
However, neck pains or stiffness get fine naturally within a few days or sometimes painkillers give relief. But if your neck pain is getting worse day by day and you’re not getting any solace then it’s better to visit a Chiropractor in Tallahassee, FL. The chiropractors are experts in dealing with neck pains and treating issues related to spines. Chiropractors use their hands and small instruments to apply force on the spinal joints and muscles. They work on spinal adjustment to promote restricted movement in the neck and the body.
What Causes Neck Pain?
There are several causes of neck pains. Some common causes are
- Muscles Strains
- Poor Postures
- Carrying a heavyweight on shoulders like bags
- Pinched nerves
- Collapsed vertebra related to osteoporosis
- Narrowed spaces within your spine (known as spinal stenosis)
- Herniated disk (slipped disk)
Usually, neck pain takes 2 to 6 weeks to recover depending upon the condition. Sometimes the sudden movement tears or overstretched the tendons and ligaments. That takes time to heal. However, if you are suffering from worse pain or inflammation and are unable to move your neck then don’t wait but visit a chiropractor.
Some Useful Tips To Do During Neck Pain
Do neck exercises gently
You can do neck stretching but lightly and gently. Simple stretching exercises will help you loosen your stiff muscles. You will start feeling some relaxation but don’t overextend your neck otherwise it can give more harm.
Icing is one of the best ways to relax your muscles. It will cool down the inflammation in the neck. You can wrap ice in a towel and gently rub it on the area where you are feeling swelling or rigidness. Hold the ice on the painful area for 10 to 20 minutes and repeat it after some time.
Change your pillow
If your pillow is too hard then you need to change it. It’s better to use firm pillows. Avoid sleeping on your stomach but sleep on your side or back. Pillows can affect the bending of your neck in an unnatural position therefore don’t use flat pillows. Try to move your sides after some time as the neck muscles feel stretched.
During severe pains, you must avoid driving for safety purposes. Driving needs sudden neck movement to look here and there. If you drive while having neck pain then this pain will remain for a long period and it will affect your shoulders and back as well. Therefore, it’s better to avoid driving and take some rest till your neck muscles get restored.
How To Prevent Neck Pain?
Neck pains mostly happened due to our mistakes like we don’t give attention to correct postures and several other reasons. I’m going to discuss some points that will help you to prevent neck pains.
- Try to sit in the correct posture. Make your shoulders and back straight. Don’t bend your back for a long time.
- We use laptops and cellphones for long hours while not putting the screen in the right position means you should put your screen at eye level.
- Taking long rides or driving for long hours can affect you badly, therefore, you should take some rest in between.
- Take mid breaks if your job requires you to sit for a long time.
- Stress is one of the reasons for neck pain. Take some steps to relieve anxiety and stress.
- Use firm pillows.
- Change sides while sleeping
- Do exercise 5 days a week.
When To Visit A Chiropractor?
You can visit chiropractors if you feel these signs
- Stiffness or pain in the neck that is not improving
- Feeling difficulty in moving your neck left or right side
- Tablets are not giving relief
- Due to neck pain, you have started feeling numbness in your arms and hands
- If the accident is the reason for neck pain
If there are any of the above reasons then don’t wait and visit a chiropractor asap.
In A Nutshell
Neck pains always give you a hard time and taking this pain lightly can affect you badly. Therefore, visiting a Chiropractor in Tallahassee, FL is always the best option. The chiropractor will take the whole history and ask relevant questions related to neck pain. He will examine your neck and back with his hands and ask for the symptoms. Chiropractors don’t believe in high dose medications and surgeries. They believe in natural healing but before starting any treatment they ask you to have an x-ray and tests. Your chiropractor will fully support you and guide you about a good nutritional diet and suggest some exercise.