Colonoscopy involves checking your colon and rectum using a colonoscope. Colonoscopy helps in identifying cancer, swollen tissue, ulcers and polyps. Colonoscopy is used for identifying the cause of sudden weight loss, stomach pain, diarrhoea and bleeding from anus. Some doctors use colonoscopy for detecting problems like colon cancer and others at an early stage.
Identifying the problems at an early stage increases the chances for cure. If you are looking for colonoscopy Austin, you could choose a medical centre like Lonestar Gastroenterology. This medical centre has the best gastroenterologists who offers the best treatment to their patients. Here are more reasons why you need coloscopy.
- Detecting Polyps: These polyps are nothing but small growths which can grow on the inner lining of your colon. If colon cancer is diagnosed at the last stage, treating it is very difficult. Polyps sometimes can develop cancer. Hence, a doctor will remove them if they find it in the colonoscopy to reduce the risk for colon cancer.
- Age: The risk for developing colon cancer will be usually more as you age. Hence the old people must go for regular cancer screenings.
- Colon Cancer History: If you are diagnosed with colon cancer in your past and got it removed successfully, there are chances for developing cancer again in the future. Discuss with your gastroenterologist about how frequently you must get colonoscopy done.
- Genes: Your risk for colon cancer would be high, if any of your family members have colon cancer. Seeing a gastroenterologist can help you prevent colon cancer.
- IBD: People with IBD are also at a greater risk for colon cancer. Take the suggestions from your gastroenterologist on the ways to prevent colon cancer.
- Diet: Those who eat red meat regularly are at more risk for colon cancer. Eating fried food regularly can also increase the risk for problems like this. According to some studies colon cancer is linked with vitamin D deficiency.
- Overweight: Those who are overweight must be extremely careful as there would be high risk for colon cancer. People with overweight must make necessary changes in their diet and do workout regularly.
- Smoking: There are so many people in Texas who are dying every year due to excessive smoking. It is essential to give up this habit. Otherwise, it can lead to colon cancer.
See a good gastroenterologist in Texas today for colonoscopy!