We all have responsibilities towards nature; it’s not like we have another planet where we can go and live. Eco-friendly products are one way of helping ourselves by helping the Earth. We can all chip in and do our bit to save our planet by using more sustainable products, even starting small, like eco-friendly socks. You can start with designing, giving, and selling sustainable socks. This blog will provide you with information about creating eco-friendly custom socks.
What to look for in the manufacturer?
It would help if you started by asking yourself these vital questions:
- How is the manufacturer impacting the environment?
- Are they dumping waste or recycling it?
- Are they involved in a closed-loop system to minimize their impact with practices like regenerative farming?
You will only succeed in finding an eco-friendly custom socks manufacturer if you do your research and can answer these questions satisfactorily.
How to do your research for finding sustainable socks manufacturers?
In this day and age of information, you need to filter according to your needs. There are many dedicated resources for finding socks and apparel manufacturers. However, please do your research, ask about their materials and ensure a physical sample.
- Visit trade shows to find out about eco-friendly materials:
With Earth, environment, organic, and sustainable being the buzzword these days, plenty of tradeshows are happening around the country focusing on eco-friendly materials and products. You can learn everything from materials to best practices and ethics by visiting these shows, which you can’t do with online research. You can see, feel, and experience in person up close what these fabrics will look like when designing your custom socks. You can also ask questions from experts at these shows.
Always check their certificates carefully:
It is crucial to check manufacturers’ certificates; however, you need to be pretty careful. There are too many certification organizations worldwide, and believe it or not; some are created to make money on eco-friendly trends. These certificates are worth less than the ink they used to print them. Here is a list of worldwide trusted certification labels:
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Better Cotton Initiative
- Cradle to Cradle
- Responsible Wool Standard etc.
Materials for eco-friendly custom socks:
There is a wide range of eco-friendly materials you can use for manufacturing your custom socks:
- Bamboo: The fibers are created using bamboo cellulose and have been used historically for bustles or corsets ribs. With the technological advancements, it is now possible to create all sorts of apparel, including socks.
- Organic cotton: Cotton grown without toxic pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, and non-genetically modified plants are organic cotton. Your custom socks will be 100% eco-friendly.
- Regenerative cotton: The process involves a holistic set of practices to improve the soil quality and surrounding environment.
- Linen: The fiber comes from the flax plant, and your custom socks will be durable, moisture-absorbent, and fast-drying.
- Hemp: Many people consider this marijuana, but these are grown explicitly for apparel creation. These are the fastest-growing plants suitable for mass custom socks manufacturing without hampering the Earth.
- Certified wool: The wool comes from sheep grown on natural pastures and follows ethical practices. You can use it to manufacture custom socks for your high-valued clients, customers, loved ones, and fundraisers.
- Silk: It is a natural protein fiber coming from silkworms and one of the oldest materials used by humans for clothes. The fabric is expensive, so you can use it to manufacture socks for specific people.
- Peace silk: It is a process in which the silkworms are not harmed while extracting the fiber.
- Lotus fiber is one of the most premium fibers you can use to create your eco-friendly socks; they are extracted from lotus petiole and are high-strength and durable.
Each of the mentioned fibers has different properties, and the construction and materials of socks provide different levels of comfort and warmth:
- Warmth: Socks made from wool or cashmere will keep your feet warm during winters and low temperatures.
- Moisture-wicking: Linen and cotton socks will be lightweight with moisture-wicking properties and are suitable for physical activities.
- Stretch: Silk-socks will be highly stretchable.
- Durable: For making your custom socks more durable, you can choose reinforced heels and toes.
We all need to be concerned and do our part with eco-friendly products. For creating your eco-friendly custom socks, you need an accountable, reliable, and ethical manufacturer. EverLighten has been in custom socks manufacturing for over eighteen years now. They have helped many organizations, sports teams, NGOs, social media influencers, and individuals create their sustainable custom socks.
Production and delivery: The quality inspectors check each sock for their quality, ensuring only the best products reach its customers.
Best pricing: Customers get the best pricing because their dedicated factory provides factory-direct pricing.
Quality in every product: They use high-quality eco-friendly materials to produce personalized socks.
Real people, real service: EverLighten loves helping people and providing help from quote to delivery.
They make you look great: Their in-house socks designers help match the design in the customer’s head to the real-life design and make it better.
Fast turnaround: They complete every order in the quickest time because of their efficient process and dedicated factory.
No minimum order limit: The company accepts every order without a minimum order restriction.
Free shipping: They deliver worldwide for free.
We can grow awareness and work towards an eco-friendly future with everyone’s collective effort. Start today by designing your sustainable custom socks by visiting https://everlighten.com/collections/custom-socks.