The eyes are one of the focal points of our natural facial features. You cannot miss noticing a person with perfect eyelashes and eye makeup. Eyes of any shape and size can be made to look gorgeous with just a little effort. In this write-up, we have listed some of the best tips for finding the best lashes for hooded eyelids and making them attractive. This is because hooded eyes are one of the trickiest eyes to find lashes and apply makeup.
Choosing the Best Lashes for Hooded Eyes
False eyelashes are a game changer when it comes to the appearance of eyes. This is especially true for hooded eyes as the extra skin hanging over the eyelids can partially cover the natural lashes. Apart from this, false eyelashes are a great way to change our appearance without much effort. One can change their appearance depending on the occasion, from a subtle to a fierce look just with a pair of eyelashes.
The first thing you need to keep in mind while choosing eyelashes is that they should feel comfortable to you and must complement your look. You can choose to wear these lashes with or without makeup. Allow us to give you a quick list of tips for choosing the perfect eyelashes for your hooded eyes.
- For a natural look, you need to pick shorter lashes. When hooded eyes are paired with short false lashes, it makes the wearer’s eyes look attractive yet natural. Normally, people won’t figure out that you have applied false lashes.
- Never pick thick and dramatic eyelashes if you have got hooded eyes. Eyelashes that are dramatic or thick make hooded eyes look narrower and sleepy.
- To give you the best look, you need to look for lashes that are longer in the middle and shorter at both ends. Lashes of this style are the best-suited style for hooded eyes.
- For a very bold and dramatic look, you can go for curled lashes. No one can miss noticing you even in a crowded party when you have got dramatically curled lashes on your hooded eyes.
Best Makeup Style for Hooded Eyes
Not everyone likes to have eye makeup, but if you do you must know the right tips and tricks to enhance the beauty of your eyes with makeup. Application of eyeliners on hooded eyes is a little tricky task and requires practice to master. But, once done correctly it can dramatically transform your entire look. The skin hanging over the eyelids in hooded eyes conceal some of the creases of the eyelid where one puts eyeliner. So, one needs to be a little patient while applying makeup on hooded eyes.
Some tips that can help you do perfect eye makeup on your hooded eyes are listed below.
- If you have hooded eyes you should prefer buying liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner gives you more control over thickness and depth of color as compared to soft kohl or pencil. With a little practice, you can perfect your art of applying eyeliner in such a way that it tones down your hood and enhance your overall look.
- Applying eyeliner only to the upper lid is a great way for people with hooded eyes to make their eyes more attractive without much effort.
- If you are a fan of winged eyeliner and have hooded eyes, you’ll need some extra effort to get the look you want. The hood over the eyelids makes it complicated to apply winged eyeliners. But, it can be done with practice and a little trick. You need to start at the bottom edge of the upper eyelid and extended the application until the corner of the eyes. Once you reach the corner of the eyes start to flick the eyeliner upwards into wings.
- If you have hooded eyes you should not apply the eyeliner too thick. Hooded eyes look smaller and heavier when thick eyeliner is applied. Applying thick eyeliner on hooded eyes can completely ruin your look.
- Eye shadow is typically applied with closed eyes but this is not an optimal technique for someone with hooded eyes. If you have hooded eyelids you should keep your eyes open and apply eye shadow carefully so that your eyelids do not look overburdened with makeup.
- You should use a lighter shade of color towards the inner corner of your eyes and then blend it with a darker shade on the outer corner of the eyes. This creates an illusion of bigger eyes which is important as hooded eyes seem smaller than they actually are.
Eyes come in different shapes, sizes, and styles. Every type of eye can be made gorgeously attractive with a slight knowledge of false eyelashes and makeup tips. Hooded eyes are the toughest style. We sincerely hope that our tips will help you in getting the perfect makeup for your hooded eyes giving you your best look.